Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Case studies are often used in Marketing and Advertising courses to illustrate real-life challenges and solutions. They are usually written by academic institutions or professional bodies and intended to be used as teaching material. Some are based on real companies; some are entirely fictitious and designed to illustrate a particular situation.
Marketing News from Campaign/Brand Republic
Other Case Study Sources
Many case studies are published commercially however the links below are to sites which are freely available to students.
- Business Case Studies Download free case studies involving real companies. You can search by company and keyword or by topic such as environment, finance, marketing, operations, people and strategy
- Business in the Community Case studies showing how businesses have benefited from creating a positive impact and responsible business practice
- Bized: Mind your business archive
- The Health and Safety Executive have case studies from large businesses and small and medium businesses, showing how they've benefited from implementing good health and safety practices.
- LearningEdge Teaching case studies from MIT Sloan, covering entrepreneurship, leadership/ethics, operations management, strategy, sustainability and system dynamics.
- The Times 100 : case studies The website for The Times 100. Search by subject or by participating company/organisation. (Aimed at A-level business studies courses)
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development: case studies A collection of case studies submitted by companies illustrating how they have improved their environmental performance.
The following has limited free content available -
- The Case Centre (formerly ECCH: European Case Clearing House) is a leading provider of case studies in the UK and US. The collection can be searched free but most material is only available to academic staff within Bournemouth University