Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Comprehensive website including news, careers, blogs, forums, industry information
and show reels.
British Universities Film and Video Council
Moving image gateway. Includes information on broadcasts from around 300 UK television and radio stations, included are terrestrial, cable and satellite television (and regional variations) from 1995.
Creative Club contains over 1.5 million advertisements across all media. Search by company, brand or sector, for TV, Press, Internet, Cinema ads. Coverage is from 1998
Collection of animation and VFX from commercials, music videos and other media. Includes industry news, company and people directories.
Online video library of animation and VFX. Includes, commercials, virals, music videos, game cinematics, short films. Also contains behind-the-scenes information and
The Library has an extensive multimedia collection. This includes:
Feature Films: Shelf mark 791.4372
Television Series: Shelf mark 791.4572
SIGGRAPH Video Reviews: Shelf mark 006.6 SIG
Gnomon Workshop DVDs: Shelf mark 006.696
Storyboard Secrets (coming soon)
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
Use dictionaries and encyclopedias to:
- Get an overview of your topic or issue
- Learn the definitions of terms and concepts
- Identify keywords to use in searching for additional information
Search the Library catalogue for relevant titles e.g. The Encyclopedia of Movie Special Effects (Shelf mark: 778.534503 NET).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias
BoB: Box of Broadcasts
To access click the ‘sign in’ button on the home screen, enter Bournemouth University in the "Where are you from?" box, click "Go" and login using your normal BU username and password.
- Subject coverage: access TV and radio programmes from over 65 'free-to-air' channels using a programme guide and a search option. Option to schedule recordings up to seven days in advance and request programmes broadcast over the previous 30 days. Search BoB to access other users' recorded programmes. Permanent archive of all broadcast content from nine channels: BBC1 London / BBC2 / BBC4 / ITV London / Channel 4 / More4 / Channel 5 / BBC Radio 4 / BBC Radio 4 Extra. Content plays in your web browser with access available both on and off campus.
- Type of content: TV and radio programmes
- Date range: 2007 to present
- Level of access: BU staff/student login required; registration required on first use. Available off-campus, but not outside the UK.