Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Case Studies & Company Data
Specialist Retail Industry Resource - IGD
Institute of Grocery Distribution (IGD)
- IGD Retail Analysis - International retail market information, major retailer profiles, industry news, financial comparisons, and photographic archive of retail store layouts.
Companies, Industries and Markets: Research and Data
Market research focuses mainly on consumer trends with commercial products. They contain data and reports on specific products and markets and also consumer trends and demographic analyses.
We recommend the following resources on our BU Library webpage:
- Company Profiles - International company profiles
- Factiva - International company data, industry reports and news
- FAME - Financial accounts and management details on UK companies from Companies House data
- FT.com - International daily newspaper covering business and economy news
- TGI (Target Group Index) Snapshot - UK market research and demographic data from TGI Survey including 500 product areas and 4,000 brands. Analyse audience and consumer attitudes in relation to products, brands and advertising.
- Mintel - Market research reports for range of industry sectors, themes and demographics.
- Mintel Market Sizes - Quantitative Database covering range of industries providing market sizes, segmentation, market share and socio economic data for 34 countries.
- Passport (Euromonitor International) - International company data and industry reports: Short Getting Started video on Passport's Help Guides and Video pages (you will need to login with your BU username and password to gain access).
- WARC - (World Advertising Research Centre) offering advertising case studies, news and data from the world's leading brands