Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Keeping you safe
For semester one, autumn 2020, we have Covid-secure measures in place to provide a safe study environment.
- You will need to book your library study desk or computer in advance. Space is limited so please don't arrive without a booking
- All study spaces are for quiet individual study. We cannot offer group work facilities in the Library at the moment
- To borrow books, please request them in advance using our Reserve & Collect service. Browsing at the shelves is not possible during this period
- Please wear a face covering (unless you have a medical exemption)
- Please observe physical distancing
- Please use the hand-hygiene facilities regularly, and use the cleaning materials provided to wipe down equipment before and after use
- Due to the enhanced cleaning regime, no food should be eaten in the Library please
- For more information please see the University's Coronavirus FAQs.
Chat is currently unavailable - please telephone us.
For IT support:
tel. +44 (0) 1202 965515
Using this guide
► New to BU?
► Returning from placement?
► Or do you just want a reminder of how the Library can support you while you're studying?
Whatever stage you're at, we hope this guide will help you make the most of our services.
The guide introduces the Library's resources, study spaces, computing and printing facilities and provides details of how to contact us for more in-depth help and advice.
Also, take a look at our study skills guide for new students, or to access the full range of our study skills help, go to the Study Skills area in Brightspace.
Library opening hours
Our Library opening hours are detailed in full on the library webpages.
During university vacations, opening times are different to the normal term time hours. These will be displayed on our webpages at the appropriate time