BRIAN (Bournemouth Research Information And Networking) is BU’s publication management system.
- Staff can manage their research outputs on BRIAN, as well as other information such as biography, academic group, memberships, website and social media links, plus many more options.
- Information input to BRIAN will be displayed in the BU staff profile web pages.
- BRIAN is a single point of data entry which will allow research information to be used in multiple places.
- It will also enable BU to meet Research Excellence Framework (REF) requirements by improving administrative efficiency and data accuracy.
- All academic staff automatically have a login and you can access it with your normal university username and password (you don’t need to add staff\ in front of your username).
- Help and guidance can be found on the system and via the documents on the staff portal. If you have any problems accessing the system or you have any queries please contact the BRIAN team.