Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is BRIAN?
BRIAN (Bournemouth Research Information And Networking) is BU’s publication management system.
- Staff can manage their research outputs on BRIAN, as well as other information such as biography, academic group, memberships, website and social media links, plus many more options.
- Information input to BRIAN will be displayed in the BU staff profile web pages.
- BRIAN is a single point of data entry which will allow research information to be used in multiple places.
- It will also enable BU to meet Research Excellence Framework (REF) requirements by improving administrative efficiency and data accuracy.
- All academic staff automatically have a login and you can access it with your normal university username and password (you don’t need to add staff\ in front of your username).
- Help and guidance can be found on the system and via the documents on the staff portal. If you have any problems accessing the system or you have any queries please contact the BRIAN team.
What is BURO?
Bournemouth University Research Online [BURO] is the University's Institutional Repository..
- BURO gives access to academic outputs created by Bournemouth University staff and researchers.These include journal articles, book chapters, conference porceedings, reports, theses,artistic works, designs and performances.
- Where available BURO contains open access full text of unpublished works (pre-prints), the author's version of published works (post-prints/accepted version post peer review) and paid for published works.
- BURO is located at http://eprints.bournemouth.ac.uk/ - it has a well-designed interface and is easy to use.
- BURO is open to anyone to search, however, only Bournemouth University staff and researchers can contribute material.
- Material is contributed to BURO via BRIAN.
- BURO contains records of outputs with full-text attached – a full list of outputs can be viewed in the BU staff profile web pages http://staffprofiles.bournemouth.ac.uk/.
- If you require help assessing whether an open access version of your work can be contributed to BURO please contact your Faculty Library Team or the BURO team
How BRIAN works with BURO and Staff profile pages