Peer Support Leader recruitment for 23-24 is now open!
Before sending your application, please carefully read through the information and guidance on this page:
To apply to be a Peer Support Leader, you need to follow these steps:
1) Read through the job description to ensure you understand the role and what is being asked of you.
2) Ensure you read the 'requirements' box on this page, and make any arrangements you may need to have your right to work ready to provide.
3) Complete the application form here: https://bournemouth.libwizard.com/f/psl2324
4) Await a response from the Central PAL Team. If successful, you will be invited to an informal interview.
5) If successful, provide your documentation to the Part Time Hourly Paid Team who will contact you with everything that is required. Please ensure you check your student email address on a daily basis for emails from the PTHP Team.
6) Once compliant to start work, the Central PAL Team will invite you to attend the mandatory Peer Support Leader training.
Before you can carry out the Facilitation Course or any type of PAL work, you need to be made compliant to start work.
It is considered an employment breach if you undertake any type of work (including paid training) before you are made compliant.
Once you have been offered the Peer Support Leader role, please check your student email address daily in order to commence the onboarding process as soon as possible. Please note that onboarding will take place in September.
Onboarding will involve providing your Right to Work documents and completing the employment documents that the Part Time Hourly Paid (PTHP) Team will send you via your student email address.
With regards to Right to Work documentation for Tier 4 students, the following guidance provided to us by the Part Time Hourly Paid Team applies:
For a Tier 4 student, we now only require their Biometric Resident Permit (NOT A PASSPORT);
A current Biometric Immigration Document (Biometric Residence Permit) issued by the Home Office to the holder which indicates that the named person can currently stay in the UK on a Tier 4 Visa.
If you have a Biometric Residence Permit, Biometric Residence Card or status under the EU Settlement Scheme we will be able to conduct an online right to work checking service whilst on the video call – please give permission and share your code
After your document has been verified via video call you will not be required to have your document verified again until, if applicable, it expires.
The only exception to this is where they do not have a biometric resident card but their Visa is actually within their Passport, as an ‘endorsement’.
A current passport endorsed to show that the holder is allowed to stay in the UK on a Tier 4 Visa.
If you are a Tier 4 international student, the Right to Work documents you need to provide for PTHP will be different. You can find more guidance here.