Apply to be a Placement PAL Leader
Are you interested in applying for the role of Placement PAL Leader for your department? Find out more on this page about the benefits of the PAL role and details of how to apply!
To apply to be a Placement PAL Leader, you need to follow these steps:
1) Read through the job description to ensure you understand the role and what is being asked of you. Please note that the role can change slightly from year to year so don't base your expectations of the role on your own experiences of Placement PAL.
2) Ensure you read the 'requirements' box on this page, and make any arrangements you may need to have your right to work ready to provide.
3) Complete the application form for your faculty:
4) Await confirmation on the outcome of your application.
5) If successful, provide complete and return any employment documentation sent to you as soon as possible, and arrange a verification call for your Right to Work.
6) Complete the mandatory Placement PAL Facilitation Course training (more details will be provided once you have submitted your employment documentation.
1. Ensure that all the employment forms received by the PAL Team are completed in full including:
2. Right to Work Documentation
4. Next steps
We offer a range of support to our PAL Leaders including:
- The Placement PAL Central online guidance to assist with anything you need to know about being a Placement PAL Leader including session ideas, facilitation techniques, signposting and getting paid
- A Placement PAL Leader Facilitation Course facilitated by the Central PAL Team and your Placement PAL Main Contact consisting of online modules and a bespoke session to prepare you for the role
- A designated Placement PAL Main Contact for programme specific queries related to PAL
- The PAL blog - updated frequently to keep all of our PAL Leaders in the loop!
- 1-2-1 appointments with the Central PAL Team should you need to discuss anything - just drop us an email to schedule one in.